1st Year Anniversary... w00t!

Today marks my first year anniversary working at Cubinet Interactive (MSC) Sdn Bhd. Wow what a big difference it is today compared to how it was when I first joined... Let's have some flashback moments shall we?

I remember the initiation... At the time I was still working back at CiBNet... contemplating about leaving... As I was lost in thought while I browsed through my MSN contacts list, I saw an unfamiliar name in my CiB Colleagues Group... Apparently they accidentally pulled in an EX-colleague of theirs into one of our daily group chats and I went on an adding spree. We never msged each other till that fine day...

I casually msged him and asked who he was blablabla... and got to know him and more about CiBNet which made even more convinced that I should leave. A week later I tendered my resignation... LOL... After my last day and two weeks of coaxing later... he finally managed to get my resume from me and scheduled for an interview and I started my new job 2 Mondays later *they didn't even let me start in a new month, hence my anniversary is on the 23rd of July =P*... That was the beginning of my career here at Cubinet...

On my first day here... my PC hasn't arrived... Being the crazy monkey that I am... I couldn't sit still... I annoyed my new colleagues and made new friends... I drew and cutout a glock and a knife out of a piece cardboard and started to play around... *yes I know I'm not 10... and I still have it! hahaha* I guess my new boss got the idea and rushed for my PC and kept me busy till this day... *HAHAHA*

The working environment here is incredibly different from how I experienced elsewhere. It's quite laid back and really enjoyable if I should say so myself. I get to wear my T-shirt and jeans... I get to keep a small guitar under my table and play it... *I managed to get Kevin to go buy one too and keep it under his table hahaha* We'd have our Wednesday Movie Nights *the cinema is just across the road*... Occasionally we'd have our Wii Parties... *we would "borrow" the company projector and hook it up on some speakers and play till we ache!*...

Of course its not all play... Our schedule is crazy and we'd go crazy trying to keep up with it... There are only a few of us *programmers are truly an endangered species... where are all the programmers and IT grads?!* and we'd juggle our multitude of tasks and perform miracles during office hours... Right now... if each of us does not have at least 4 projects on our plates we would feel as though something is lacking... We all put in at least a minimum 50 hour week... Working into the weekends, sometimes coming in earlier... *Wan Mei was launched at 3am because of fengshui or something... Thank God I wasn't here yet! LOL*

1 year... Wow... how time flies... I've had 4 salary adjustments/increments and got promoted yesterday... What more could I ever ask for? *got actually... we all have goals right? or I would probably end up getting bored... hihihi...* and its only been one year... Thanks guys... You guys have been the best Boss, MiniBoss and Friends any person could ever wish they could ever have... I am truly lucky and honoured to be your Kuli, Minion and colleague... THANK YOU! ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanna see something crazy?

"Come See!" What the... What am I? A freak show?

An update? OMG... The world must be ending soon!