"Come See!" What the... What am I? A freak show?

My mum took me to see the eye doctor today... It is abit overdue... about 20 years? Why you ask? Well... we are born with two eyes... when we first get our visions our brain is teaching us how to use the eyes... that's why some infants eyes seemed abit misaligned that's because they are still adjusting...

Unfortunately for me... my brain decided to take a short cut... instead of aligning the two eyes to work as one... it decided to just use one at a time... This had made my eyes abit independant... While I see an object with my left eye... my right eye decides to go see something else... The doctor was having fun pointing this out to me... of course I couldn't see it for myself so...


Come see... look... see how the eye tries to realign everytime I close different eyes?


And this is when my mum and two intern nurses went forward to see me "perform"... What the *toooooot*... Anyway... after all the laughing and "come do it again" she sent us off to an opthorptist or whatever you call it... to measure the difference between both eyes... you know... like how you send your car for alignment of your wheels and the machine tells the mechanic how much difference the angles are between the two wheels? Yeah... something like that...

And so we went to Jalan Ipoh... not without having some lunch of course... we went to Marriott and had Korean BBQ... yummy! Back to Jalan Ipoh... at some Bangunan UMNO there... we found the opthorptist whatchamacallitz... When we went in... my mum made a remark saying that the place is like a house... more like Boon Tat restaurant in Pandamaran, Klang than a clinic... hehehe...

There we saw a boy doodling on some clear plastic with a purple/pink marker... some sort of vision therapy... I guess that's what an opthorptist is then... a vision therapist... because she wasn't a doctor... Anyway... when I went in... she measure my eyes out and for the first time in my life... I got a taste of how it was like to use both eyes at the same time! *wow =P*

The tests were simple... at first she asked if i could see the alphabets... *duh* then she asked me to keep looking at the first alphabet... While I struggled to use both eyes to do so she told me to relax and just see the "T" *dunno why its T since most charts starts with an E*... then suddenly she placed a ruler of some kind *I thought it was a ruler* and placed it in front of my unfocused eye... I realised that this ruler is something like an angle ruler and directs the "T" to my unfocused eye... *real kewl!* Then she made me wear some glasses which seemed more like the one where you use to watch a 3D movie and told to tell her what do I see... It was actually a picture of o + o where the o is in green and the + is in red... so using those "3D" glasses... I could either see the o OR the + and not both... *scary*

Then she asked me to sit behind this contraption of sort... one eye has a picture of a mouse holding a cheese with no tail... the other is a picture of mouse with a tail and no cheese... I guess this test is to show my mum what she's trying to prove... even though both images were right in front of my eyes... I could only focus one at a time... so either Mouse with chees or Mouse with tail... and not both... since there was direct light on the images... my pupils dilate to which my eyes focused... which is really interesting because even though both eyes were touched by the light... only one eye dilate at a time...

Well... it was rather enlightening to find out something about yourself... I guess I'll just have to go schedule a date for the surgery and voila! I'll be using 2 eyes instead of 1! Oh... I shall update about my trip to Penang last Sunday in the next post soon... pictures still in the camera... so lazy...

Till then!

Comments

Anonymous said…
weih??? hopefully you won't see abg limy differently... tamau negative laaa... tapi kalau tetiba nampak terlebih hensem tuhhh... cepat2 kahwin!!! muahahahahah!!!
Anonymous said…
mas cam moody laaa.. eheheh..
Mas said…
akak dah puas hidup? nak kena?

alan... apsal moody?
Anonymous said…
on behalf of alan...

alaaaa macam mad eye moody laaa... mata takleh control... MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Wanna see something crazy?

An update? OMG... The world must be ending soon!