Terry Fox Run KL 2007 : I'm FLYING!

Okay... No need to shout... I'm not updating much... I know... Here's one worth writing about though... Enjoy!

Yesterday was Terry Fox Run KL 2007... The run took place at Lake Gardens... That's where the "Tugu Negara", Bird Park and not too far the Parliment building is located too MYRA! *children nowadays*

It all began when last year my dear friend Deen attended the same run... I guess she made me promise to join her for the next which happened to be yesterday... So here's the full detailed story of what happened...

5.30am - Wake Halimy to come pick and send me... *we got him the shirt but he didn't want to join... so too bad... he has to send me*

6.00am - Got myself a 30min extended sleep and woke up myself. *daaang... its too early to be awake on a SUNDAY! wargh!*

6.30am - All dressed in a gory looking T-Shirt of the event and chucked all the equipment into the car... We're late... Need to pick up my lil cousin Myra! *wargh!*

7.15am - Picked up Myra who lives all the way in Sri Kembangan and off to our meeting point at TTDI... Ina's house...

8.00am - We made it! Woo hoo! We're punctual! Yeay! Eh? Deen and Ucop not here? Waaaaaahahhahaha... Wished I slept more...

8.15am - We all made our way to Devi's Corner in TTDI for brekkie while we wait for the arrival of the other 2 crazy people... Mmmm... Paper Thosai! Its good to be in Malaysia...

8.40am - Rushed our way to Lake Gardens... Ucop forgot his skates... *What la you!*

9.10am - We arrived! Parked at the side of the road... Walked to the starting point... Halfway there... The RUN STARTED ALREADY?!?!?! *obviously... we're late... dummy*

We all put on our skates... Myra *although not bad for a beginner...* was assisted by Deen... since i'm not all too confident to bring her myself...

Here we are skating skating... Ina who used to be very good at it... Seemed to have lost her confidence after taking a very bad fall at some SNS *Saturday Night Skate* in Putrajaya some time ago... Poor Deen had to double and sometimes triple back a few times so that we or she could catch up...

The first small slope wasn't all that hard for me... Since there were no one around much... and I had alot of space to stop... Ina couldn't... So she took of her skates and walked down... Myra did very well assisted by Deen...

The second slope... I will never forget it since I'm still suffering from the events that followed...

Myra and Deen went first... My turn... the slope wasn't bad... The thing is... there were alot alot of people... and right at the bottom of the slope was a big crack of holes and a gentle curve... So... standing at the top of the slope... I calculated my move... alot of people so I had to distant the number of people before starting my descent... Here I go... looking good... people check... all spaced out... first obstacle... the crack... jumped across... woot! Made it! Uh-oh... I picked up speed! Swerved a few people... and then... OH NO! A family of five decided to block the whole path! Breaking was too late... The gentle curve was starting... The only option left was... take the fall! So there I was... right at the beginning of the curve... I jumped off the path onto the grass... the sudden change made me stop dead in my tracks and I couldn't bend my knees to fall... All I could think was... my camera and phone in my backpack so... DO NOT TURN OVER! So... SPLAT!!! I FLEW, SPREAD EAGLE, FACE FORWARD! I BELIEVE I CAN FLY!

My elbows stopped me from eating grass... But it wasn't enough to stop me from slamming down hard on my stomach... the impact towards my chest made it impossible to take another breath... So there... for a full 10 seconds I lay flat there... motionless until I am able to take my next breath... Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhahahahahahhahahaha!!! My friends told me what it was like at their point of view... and I couldn't stop laughing... It was really hilarious... Its been quite long since I fell on skates... So I guess... This is truly a blog-able story... Don't you think?

So now... still in pain... and sore from yesterday's fall... I should say the event was enjoyable... I'll be back NEXT YEAR!

Comments

Anonymous said…
you woke up at 5.30 am??? that's REALLY something to blog about!!! hahahahahahahha!!!
Afazor said…
ala.. comel nya.. macam anak sedara aku.. keh keh keh...
Anonymous said…
hahaha apelah mas ni.. but i wounldn't laught too much me also in a very selalu jatuh punya sport.. kerap jugak, "I believe I can fly " incident.. or "I believe I am flying.." at least you have guards on.. I eat sand straight away! Maybe I should wear guears while riding, how do yout hink it'll look?

Popular posts from this blog

Wanna see something crazy?

"Come See!" What the... What am I? A freak show?

An update? OMG... The world must be ending soon!