Penang Trip 23rd April 2006

Finally I have uploaded the pictures!!! Last month "The Golden Girls" and I went on a trip to Penang. The purpose? Makan Spree! =P



From left to right... Introducing my mum driving, the ultimate mong char char auntie, the not so silent observer and the co-pilot and ultimate kanchiong auntie who is also the banker. We all put in RM100 in the pot to spend on this trip. *Of course mummy paid for me hehe...*

Our first stop was breakfast in Ipoh. We all had duck noodles at some coffee shop. The duck was yummy! It was broiled in herbal soup. *No... it was not too early for coke*



After breakfast they all HAD to find the "Best in the World" egg tarts from the market and so we parked at the roadside and had them fresh from the oven egg tarts as a snack before lunch? Or was it for dessert? But we just had "Jambu Air"? *What's Jambu Air in english? Red Guava? Water Guava?"*

Anyway... we continued driving towards our destination. The golden gals in the back seat all konked out from the hearty breakfast and I had to keep myself awake. *Its not prudent to sleep when you're sitting next to the driver*


We reached the penang bridge at 1pm. While looking for Jalan Chulia for my mum's fix of Assam Pedas Fish we got lost! Our mong char char auntie had the only map which was probably older than me and we actually circled Komtar 5 times!!! *Thanking God that they built the Komtar because we would have gone to God knows where if we didn't have it as our center point... When in doubt, head back to Komtar* Sorry, didn't take a photo of our lunch I left the camera in the car and was too lazy to go take.

After lunch, we checked into our hotel which was the Sunway Hotel Georgetown. Didn't take anymore photos till supper. I went for a walk in the malls there and met up with some friends while the ladies had their rest and did their own thing. They had assam laksa in 2 different stalls for dinner!!! I joined back with them for an early supper in a seafood restaurant near our hotel. We had snails, cheezy lobster *evil grin* and crabs...


After supper they all stopped by a durian stall which was closing and had some not so good durians. I was already too exhausted from limping while I walked due to the burn I got so I went back to the hotel while they go looked for sotong bakar at Gurney. *which they couldn't find because they moved hehehe*

The next morning, the three ladies excluding my mum went out REAL early to find breakfast. I can't really remember what it was though but we slept in till 9am. Then we both went down for breakfast at the coffee house and set out to go look for char kuay teow for lunch. No pictures again because I was already lazy at this point and there weren't anything special to take. So we had our rojak, ABCs and we didn't get to have any char kuay teow *sobs* because they cooked it with lard and had pork meat inside. I don't really fancy char kuay teows that much but my mum was abit upset about it.


Went back hotel, checked out and headed back to KL. Stopped at Ipoh again for dinner and bought pomelos. That's all... *too lazy to go into detail actually hehehe*

Since I have no more pictures on this trip, I think I'll end the post here because its getting abit too long. *I will learn to take more photos okay? =P*

Comments

Anonymous said…
babi!!! i have a feeling the grin for the cheesy lobster was for me??? babi!!! might as well makan the char kway teow with babi coz you made this babi entry!!! but then that would be cannibalism... you babi eating babi... ahhahahahahaha!!! akak giler babi!!! kemaruk tak dapat makan kat penang and ipoh and blah blah blah!!!

WUAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!

but thanks for sharing. good that you are blogging AND taking photos!!! none of you though! nak tengok gak ader improvement tak on the juling ness!!! ahhahahahahaha!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Wanna see something crazy?

"Come See!" What the... What am I? A freak show?

An update? OMG... The world must be ending soon!