My mummy... My hero!

When you are young you believe that your mummy knows everything... My mummy used to know what airline and what type of plane it was in the sky by just looking at it... *she used to run a travel agency* and I would listen in awe that my mummy knows everything... Now I'm all grown up... and had for quite a number of years argued with facts and knowledge with my mummy... I believed that somethings she just don't really know... *like IT stuff and things like that*... But one thing will never change... My mummy really knows her way with people...

We just came back from our Singapore trip... My mummy and I... Me with my brand new Harry Potter book hitting the parks trying to read... *get caught in the rain too many times... lousy rainy season*... My mummy meeting her typical business principals of whom I'm so familiar with... *because my mummy and I have been on these type of trips ever since I could remember*... We would stay in the same hotel... This trip... the doorman who greeted us greeted my mummy and asked if I was her daughter... *for someone who does that... he must've recognised her somehow*... It looked as though everyone remembered her... from the reception desk to the manager of the little golf shop within the hotel... it amazes me...

On our way back... We decided to have our last fix of yummy sharksfin soup... *we already had a bowl by making the silly Mr. Phillip (my mum's principal) treat us lunch... hehehe* Armed with a couple of street names... we remembered Mr. Phillip jokingly asked us whether we wanted McDonalds or KFC for lunch... we got excited when we saw these two landmarks which was located on the right side of the road that we missed the restaurant sitting on the left... After a U-Turn and turning into the driveway of the restaurant... our hearts sank as we saw everything was dark... It was closed...


We peered into the shop looking at the sign trying to find out what time they open for business... and trying to make a 3-point turn to the exit... Out comes the manager of the restaurant... She came to us... and told us that they were closed... My mummy then asked her if we could have a couple of bowls of shark's fin soup before we head back to KL... She agreed! *She actually woke the chef up from his afternoon nap as they were all sleeping on the chairs of the restaurant...* She showed us to a table... and we both were really contented to get our shark's fin soup while having it in darkness! *didn't want to wake the rest up I suppose*

Now why did we go all the trouble to get us a couple of bowls of the shark's fin soup? We both had a medium sized bowl... It is equivalent to 3 bowls in other chinese restaurant each... As the image uploaded above shows... You can actually see the shape of the fin still intact! Normally... in other chinese restaurants after serving you a bowl... You'll only be able to see the strands of the fin and doubt if it is even real... *might be some sort of jelly or flour based imitation*... Not here! And for this kind of luxurious treat... it only costed S$75 for a medium sized bowl! Where would you get that kind of bargain in Malaysia?!

Anyways... this wasn't the first time my mummy managed to wake up the chef just because she and her little darlings wanted good food... And as far as I can remember... She was never turned down even when the shop was closed... *Now... I wonder if the chefs were cursing us when they were woken up from their slumber* hehehe... Can your mummy do that?

Comments

Anonymous said…
WUUUUAARRRGGGHHHHH!!! Akak nak shark fin soup!!! So unfair!!! WUUUUUUAAARRRRGGHHHHH!!!

Oh yes I do agree we have the best mummy in the world laaaaa!!! And I am not saying it just because she is ours kan Mas??? I even have friends who agree!!! I am soooo glad that you guys are soooo close now!!!

MISSING YOU LIKE MAD NOW!!! WUUUUAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!

Update laaa selalu!!! Kata jer working from home!!!
Mas said…
Jangan jealous... hehehe...

Memang working from home... lagi from home lagi la tak ada idea nak tulis apa! chait!

Popular posts from this blog

Wanna see something crazy?

"Come See!" What the... What am I? A freak show?

An update? OMG... The world must be ending soon!