IN LOVING MEMORY - AVALANCHE

My beloved cat passed away peacefully in my mother's arms this evening. It was a tough call but she was suffering and in constant pain that the Vet advised us to put her to sleep. At 6pm today, she died at the age of 16.

Avalanche was born with 3 other siblings - Snowball, Chubby and Zazu. Her mum was Cleopatra, daughter of my beloved Cookie Chomper a grey coloured mixed persian + siamese and Mischeif - my sister's cat who was a black and white Maine Coon. Yes, Cleopatra was quite the slut back then as this litter of kittens seem to have had 2 different fathers.

I was 13 when Avalanche was born, she was named because she caused an avalanche of CDs, toys and books which were nicely stacked on my sister's table while she was still an unnamed kitten. She used to sleep on my back while I was busy preparing for my PMR (Secondary 3) exams. When I became too engrossed in my book, she would sit on the pages and demanded for some attention. For those who knew, PMR year was a bad year for all of us, but I always had Avalanche to keep me company during those times.

When she was 2 years old, she was stolen from us. The people who were squatting at the piece of land not far away from my house in Kelana Jaya took her away from us. We spent a week looking for her. She used to run straight to us whenever her name was called so we kinda looked silly shouting a very odd name every chance we had. Silly or not, it paid off as the kids who lived at the squatter area came over and told us that the cat that we're looking for is actually there. So I went there without hesitation to find Avalanche tied to a tree with a stupid pink rafia string. The person who kept her there demanded that I pay money for the food and shelter that they provided. I gave RM15 for a cat that I own and who was kept against her will. We actually had to retrain her everything she knew. I hope they rot in hell.

When we shifted to Shah Alam, my mum swore that we will never keep a cat in the house ever again due to the mites they brought in that caused us to smoke the whole Kelana Jaya house with pesticide before being able to sell it. So we gave it to Aunty Jim along with her sister Zazu. My sis used to sneak Avalanche into her dormitory for a few nights as her college was quite near Aunty Jim's house.

When Zazu died of a heart attack, Aunty Jim felt bad and asked us to take her back because it wasn't safe for her to run around her house area due to lorries and keeping her caged is just unhealthy. So she finally came back to us only to be stolen again a few months later. I guess this time she learned how to escape as she found her way home. Still, we needed to retrain her all over again. Since then, nobody could hold her without knowing how to. She would only allow people to carry her over your shoulders like how you would carry a child. Not many people would carry a cat this way. Uncle Jojo learned it the hard way. He still has the scars to prove it.

For every person who have met her, would fall in love with her the moment they saw her. She was really good looking and unique. She loved to climb on people's lap, anybody who cared to stroke her especially Fazreen. I guess 16 years old is a long time for a cat. According to the Vet, she's lived for 116 years. It was her time to go. To my dearest Avalanche... You didn't die... You just went away to a better place. Please know that I've always loved you. I'm really sorry for everything. Rest in peace my dear Avalanche.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanna see something crazy?

"Come See!" What the... What am I? A freak show?

An update? OMG... The world must be ending soon!