Yet another update...

Hmm... after re-reading my last post I just noticed how fugly the colour combination was... Please forgive me as I was only using one eye and the effects of the general anaesthetics were clouding my judgement on colours thus making me truly colourblind...

Enough of that... I have now the full use of both my eyes... *yeay!* Well... almost at least... Its no longer drifting of to one side as you would usually see me do... *apek... too bad hor... cannot make fun of me anymore* And you won't ever have to question again whether I am talking to you or to whatever my other eye was looking at! *hahahaha...* One drawback though... whenever I see anything on my right without moving my head... I see double... *yikes*

Now what truly brings me to blog today? Yesterday was the end of my "Beginners Mandarin Conversation" course... We had a test of course... The test consisted of 2 parts... Part 1 is written test of 35 questions... each question is worth 2 marks... Part 2 is an oral test of 10 questions... each is worth 3 marks each... Didn't really study for it actually... but I did went through all the vocabulary which was listed in the "text book"...

And so I did the test... written test was multiple choice... one thing I like about multiple choice... If you don't know the answer... you can always use your power of deduction... you can always find some answers hidden somewhere else in other questions... and if all fails... there's always the eenie-meenie-miney-mo option... So... after that's done... the oral test began... We were given a piece of paper of what the oral questions would be... but its written in chinese... *it was given to us for the use of our marks and weren't supposed to know the questions* And yes... I could read it... I have managed to memorise 300 chinese characters to date... so it wasn't too difficult to read what was coming... 4 other students went before me... and I confirmed with them that the questions were exactly as written... only with a few changes like time factors and such... When it was my turn... the teacher/examiner asked the first question... which was according to the paper... so I thought it was going to be easy... The next question came... she changed it! I was already almost struck with panic... but it was still manageable... maybe she decided to twist the questions abit more... then the last 2 questions... wasn't even in the syllabus! I was blank... one question was "How is the weather today?" which was "Jintian tianqi zenmeyang?" at least i think that was what she said... because I was already stuck at the double tian... *wargh!* After all the 10 questions were finished... she told me that because I was the only one with fullmarks for the written test... She had to ask me more difficult questions because she cannot give me fullmarks for total... I was like... What the... ?!?! WHY?!?!?!

Ok... fine... if you want to ask me more difficult questions... I don't really mind... but why didn't you ask according to what we learned? Things that I could have studied for or reviewed before in order to prepare at least? Just because you mentioned it once in class... you expect me to remember? Where's the sense in that? I may have a good memory... but things I don't write down... How to remember?! Is this fair? And why 2 out of syllabus questions and not 1? Why why why?! I was complaining alot about it... not because she did this to me... but the fact that those who didn't get fullmarks for written... got easy oral questions... So if they got 2 wrong for written and all correct for oral... they will get total of (70 - 4) + 30 = 96... whereas... I got fulmarks for written and 2 wrong for oral... which gives me a total of 70 + (30 - 6) = 94! Is this fair? I never liked oral tests before... I usually suck at it... without the difficult questions is already hard on me... but this?! WHY?!

Yes... even though the certificate doesn't show exactly how much marks we got... but to know the fact that if I had been given the same questions... I could have gotten a nice round 100% figure... instead of getting lower than others... is just upsetting...

Enough ranting... I know life is not supposed to be fair... but this is riddiculous and too damn obvious! Baskit Fazreen also for rubbing it in by saying "Wo xihuan ni" to the teacher nonstop when she found out about it... Moral of the story... try not to get full marks for written test!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanna see something crazy?

"Come See!" What the... What am I? A freak show?

An update? OMG... The world must be ending soon!